On February 18, 2017 after eight years of dating, Brian and Alyssa wed at the Immaculate Conception Parish in Newburyport, Massachusetts and held their wedding reception at Andover Country Club on Boston’s North Shore. The couple met at Bentley University while Alyssa was visiting a friend and sparks flew.
How Alyssa Said “Yes”
Alyssa and Brian got engaged on July 3, 2015 on Seabrook Beach during the sunrise. Brian’s family owns a beach cottage there, so it was an extra special spot for the couple. Afterwards, friends and family came over for an engagement celebration!
- First Dance Song: “I Got You” by Jack Johnson
- Wedding Reception Decor & Theme: The couple didn’t have an exact theme, but went for a simple and romantic style. Family and friends were incorporated into the decor through a picture display of the couple’s favorite memories. The bridesmaids wore black strapless, floor-length dresses by Bill Levkoff, with the groom and groomsmen in black suits. The bride and two maids-of-honor carried red flowers with the remaining bridesmaids carrying white flowers. Centerpieces were beautifully simple with mercury flower pots and white hydrangeas and roses reseting on circle glass mirrors.
- The Food: The couple had a plated salad to start, but decided to go with a buffet for the main course. Guests were given a variety of food stations to choose from, including: Sirloin (carved to order), Baked Haddock, Chicken Picatta, Roasted Potatoes, and Spring Vegetables. There were two separate buffet stations so guests weren’t waiting in line for their meals.
- The Dress: The bride’s dress was Stella by Maggie Sottero in all white with a corset back. It was the last dress Alyssa tried on at Precious Memories in Malden, Massachusetts and she knew immediately it was “the one.”
- The First Look: The couple went with a traditional approach and skipped the “first look.” It was very important to Alyssa and Brian that they first see each other at the altar.
The Couple’s Favorite Moment
Alyssa and Brian’s favorite moment was during their first dance song. The bridal party was standing in line with their arms around each other swaying back and forth, singing Jack Johnson’s “I Got You.” The couple noticed and we started singing along.
Biggest Wedding Day Fears
The couple was most nervous about forgetting to execute certain details, but, in the end, everything worked out perfectly fine!
The Wedding Planning Experience at Andover Country Club:
“Everyone was so helpful at Andover Country Club. They did an amazing job at making sure we didn’t have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding. Kate Crayton was our coordinator and she helped make my vision for the day a reality. The front desk was also so helpful and accommodating while we were booking the hotel rooms for our guests.”
Their Wedding Planning Advice:
“Organization! Being organized will create less stress in the month/week leading up to your wedding. It can’t hurt to plan in advance and check things off the list ahead of time. I used the checklist on The Knot to help me stay on track with the planning. To the groom, planning a wedding can be extremely stressful, especially if it’s just one person doing all the work. I was very lucky that Brian actually enjoyed (some) of the wedding planning. It was fun to share our vision of what we wanted for our big day and making it happen. Lastly, have fun! Planning a wedding should be a happy and fun time not a stressful, tiresome experience.”
Vendors They Loved
Photographer – Brit Perkins Photography
Videographer – Vladi (Perfect Image in Middleton)
Wedding Venue – Andover Country Club
Always wanted a country club wedding? Let us plan your special day!